Friday, April 10, 2009

The Great Exchange

Today we think about the death of our Savior. I am overwhelmed as I meditate on his willing sacrifice. He went to the cross in my place.

I am currently reading The Great Exchange by Bob Bevington and Jerry Bridges. I highly recommend this book. The topic is the exchange of Christ’s righteousness for my sin.

That is what the cross is all about, that is the Gospel, the good news. When we think about the cross, we have to see it for what it truly is. Sure, it was a diabolical instrument of torture, certainly it was an horrendous death for Christ to suffer, but it is so much more than that. It is Christ, the God-man dying in my place, taking my sin upon himself, and placing his righteousness on me. It is the great exchange.

Praise God for his mercy and grace. May he be glorified as we meditate on the Gospel.




Added: Read the prayer from Valley of Vision that Justin Taylor posted this morning.

No comments:

I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers

Facebook Badge