Saturday, November 08, 2008

Anticipation

Today I finished one chapter of my life and I am looking forward to the next chapter. As Renee and I prepare to move to First Baptist Church we have much to be praise God for.

His timing is perfect in the events that he brings into our lives. We have been waiting for nearly four years to find a church to pastor. God kept closing the doors until both of Renee's parents had gone to glory. The very week that Renee's Mom passed we candidated at First Baptist and the next week they voted unanimously for us to become their new pastor.

Since then we have been preparing for the move. Right now the house is in chaos with boxes everywhere. Most of our belongings are packed and ready to load. Soon we will be in Indiana beginning this new ministry.

Today was my last day at the Home Depot. It is sad to leave behind many friends, but it is invigorating to know that I am moving into the place God has prepared for me.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Glad to see you've started a blog... We'll be glad to be able to know what God brings into your lives.

We are anticipating as well -- we will be glad to be a lot closer to you and the rest of the family!

I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers

Facebook Badge