Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Review: The Jesus Storybook Bible

I recently received a copy of The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones. I had heard some good things about it so decided to see what all the hype was about.

On immediate perception it is a very worthy entry into the genre of children’s Bible storybooks. As I looked through it I was more and more impressed. The author does a wonderful job of drawing the lines of redemptive history all the way through the entire Bible. The subtitle, “Every Story Whispers His Name,” is apt. The various stories are all connected as part of the larger story of Jesus coming to redeem man.

The book is valuable well beyond its nominal audience of children. As a pastor I am intrigued and instructed by her story telling and the wonderful way that she draws us into God’s plan for a redeemer to come. I believe that this book is a good addition to anyone’s library as it is very instructive and compelling in the storyline.

In October they will be releasing the deluxe edition that includes the complete book on audio CD read by award-winning British actor, David Suchet. I commend this to anyone in order to better understand how the story of redemption is told in all the stories of Scripture.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Terry, Dan actually knows her. She is a really nice lady. She actually wished me a happy birthday via twitter, which was a surprise.

I also hear that we will see you this Saturday. It should be fun. Until then, Stephen

Terry said...

We are also really looking forward to seeing you all. Just a few more days.

I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers

Facebook Badge